BY Paul Purcell - Charles Ruttenberg Realty
1. Scrub everything until it sparkles.
2. Wash all the windows.
3. Remove and repair all signs of water damage, mildew and other deterioration.
4. Repair holes and cracks in the ceilings.
5. Repaint walls with a commercial double coat of flat white and ceilings with eggshell white.
6. Repair existing wallpaper.
7. Repair or restore existing floor surfaces.
8. Re-grout wall tiles.
9. Clean floor-tile grout with a mild muriatic-acid solution.
10. Restore or repair existing bathroom fixtures.
11. Add a new shower curtain, rod and hooks.
12. Paint, repair or renovate kitchen cabinets, making sure all doors and drawers work.
13. Increase existing lighting. Replace old ceiling fixtures and increase bulb wattage.
14. Eliminate odors. Remove the garbage and any kitty or litter box, as well.
15. Conceal odors. Bake a loaf of bread, boil some cinnamon or set out flowers or potpourri.
16. Expand bathroom size with visual ploys. For example, install a mirror opposite the medicine chest.
17. Expand closet size with visual ploys such as thinning out the clothes.
18. Expand size of other rooms with mirrors at ends of hallways, in corners and adjacent to windows.
19. Replace broken window panes and mirrors.
20. Repair or replace the doorbell. Now you are ready to show your apartment at its best! Most of these suggestions only require “sweat equity” and should cost little or nothing.
21. Repair or replace the doorbell. Now you are ready to show your apartment at its best!
Most of these suggestions only require “sweat equity” and should cost little or nothing. Office: 212.688.1000 212.688.1000 | firstname.lastname@example.org