There are lots of supplies that you might not realize you should have on-hand during your move. Each of these items is instrumental for travel, and moving companies often have these supplies in stock. Remember to have each of these items when it comes time for the big move: and don’t forget, most moving companies will deliver them for free!
1. Boxes: The right boxes and containers are essential for an easy and successful move. Boxes of all shapes and sizes will come in handy for your move. Consider talking with your moving company to see if they have a moving kit, which would include boxes.
2. Scissors or Box Cutter: As you move you will most definitely need something to cut open boxes. Make sure you have scissors or a box cutter handy. Be sure to always keep these items with you while moving.
3. Tape: One of the most important moving supplies, besides boxes, is tape. You will need to tape your boxes closed to keep your stuff safe. Tape dispensers may be especially helpful, saving you time and frustration.
4. Markers or Labels: It will be very important for you to label every box. Use a marker or label to mark a box with which room it should go in, if the stuff inside is fragile, and if the box should be unloaded first. Markers and labels work very well, telling your moving men exactly what they need to know.
5. Packing Paper or Packing Peanuts: You are bound to have fragile items. Have plenty of packing paper or packing peanuts to protect your fragile items. Remember, you can never have too much packing cushion.
Remember to also check with your moving company. At Men on the Move we not only have the best moving men, but we also have boxes and other moving supplies. Between our excellent movers and our self-storage and storage facility options, we’re the only call you need to make.